The following items will test your grasp of the
6. Which type of smoke screen increases the
material covered in this lesson. There is only one correct
survivability of friendly forces without seriously
answer for each item. When you complete the exercise,
check your answer with the answer key that follows. If
you answer any item incorrectly, study again that part of
the lesson that contains the portion involved.
1. How is the air temperature affected when an
must be positioned?
A. Increases with an increase in altitude.
A. Wind speed.
B. Decreases with an increase in altitude.
B. Wind direction.
C. Does not change with an increase in altitude.
C. Smoke munition.
D. Fluctuates from one layer of air to another.
D. Temperature gradient.
2. Which temperature gradients affect smoke?
8. What is the purpose of a flame shield?
A. Inversion, unstable, and stable.
A. Provide protection from flame weapons.
B. Neutral, stable, and inversion.
B. Direct smoke operations.
C. Inversion, neutral, and lapse.
C. Support stacked smoke pots.
D. Unstable, neutral, and lapse.
D. Hide the glare.
3. When will smoke munitions produce the densest
9. Which phase best describes smoke when it first
leaves a smoke device?
A. Low humidity.
B. Moderate humidity.
C. High humidity.
D. Arid condition.
4. Which smoke pot comes equipped with a manual
10. What spacing is required for ABC-M5 smoke pots
matchhead and an electrical squib ignition?
to produce a smoke haze under neutral conditions in a
wooded area with winds of 12 kilometers per hour?
A. 50 metes.
B. 70 meters.
C. 250 metes.
D. 350 meters.
5. In what condition should the area be around
stacked smoke pots?
B. Covered with nets.
C. Covered with vegetation.
D. Cleared of flammable material.